Athens Dental Group, your family’s home for comprehensive, quality care for all ages
Our dentists and the team at Athens Dental Group welcome you and yours to our dental family. Drs. Drew Richardson, Brant Sandifer, and R. Lawrence George are a talented and passionate team of professionals with a single focus: the health and well-being of individuals and families in and around Watkinsville, Athens, Winder, Bethlehem, Jefferson, Winterville, Madison, and more excellent Clarke and Oconee counties.
While our practice makes considerable investments in training and technologies to support the latest dental treatments and techniques, we truly value relationships. We get to know our patients and their unique needs and preferences. We keep up with life and medical changes. So, we can optimally and comfortably treat those valued patients as their needs evolve. Our many in-house capabilities help support this relational approach, as you and your family rarely have to go anywhere else for the care that keeps you looking, feeling, and being your best.
But my teeth already look and feel fine. Why should I visit your office?
That’s great to hear! We want to keep your teeth, gums, and mouth in top shape. It is always easier, more economical, and more pleasant to stay ahead of problems. This proactive approach is in direct contrast to more costly, traumatic, and time-consuming restorative dentistry. Regardless of their oral and overall health status, all patients should visit us at least once every six months. These bi-annual dental “check-ups” include:
- Exams and screenings – Your dentists use their keen eyes and knowledge to pinpoint potential problems like decay, gum disease, and pre-cancerous lesions early before they cause irreversible damage and progress or spread. What cannot be identified with visual inspection or by touch may be pinpointed by using advanced diagnostic tools. These technologies support accurate diagnoses and, in turn, treatment recommendations that effectively and quickly resolve problems
- Professional cleanings — No matter how well you brush and floss at home, you still need regular cleanings at our office. Our talented dental hygienists are trained and have the proper tools to gently yet precisely remove what does not budge with standard toothbrushes: stubborn plaque build-up or tartar. In doing so, we reduce the risk of developing devastating tooth decay and gum disease
During these visits, we can also advise on the best oral care products, techniques, and preventative services (like sealants and fluoride therapy) for you and your situation.
I don’t like the look of my smile. What can I do?
The health and appearance of your smile is our priority. Depending on your needs and goals, we may recommend professional whitening with Opalescence™ take-home treatment. If you are unhappy about the look of chipped, poorly-shaped, worn, or otherwise cosmetically “imperfect” teeth, we can make those imperfections disappear with economical and fast dental bonding or durable and natural-looking porcelain veneers. And for crooked, crowded teeth and other spacing issues, SureSmile® clear aligners reposition the teeth and correct bite problems to support a beautifully balanced smile and long-term oral health – without braces.
Plus, our advanced restorative dentistry options are not only durable and made from quality materials, but they are also attractive and “look like the real thing.” These include:
- Precision placement of dental implants for total implant care that is setting a new standard in modern tooth replacement
- Highly aesthetic and strong ceramic CEREC crowns, made in a single visit while you wait
- Conservative inlays and onlays for larger cavities or areas of decay that cannot be treated with a simple filling
- Tooth-colored fillings made from metal-free materials, such as composite resin
The general dentists you know and trust also provide bone grafting, periodontal therapies (without the specialist’s price tag), and noninvasive treatment of snoring and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders.
To learn more about these and other services available at Athens Dental Group, or to schedule an appointment at our Clarke County, GA office, call (706) 353-1958.
Our team welcomes your questions and looks forward to meeting your family!
Our team here at Athens Dental Group has an unparalleled commitment to our patients’ health and well-being. We strive to provide the highest quality dental care in a comfortable and friendly environment.
Our mission revolves around providing you and your loved ones with the highest quality dental care by cultivating relationships built on trust, respect, and communication – always with your best interests at heart.
Our Dental Professionals
Dr. Brant Sandifer
Dr. Brant Sandifer grew up in Tifton, Georgia. He received his undergraduate degree in Biology from the University of Georgia, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude.
Drew Richardson, DMD
Dr. Drew Richardson is a South GA native turned CSRA convert. He completed his undergraduate degree in Biology from the University of Georgia, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude.
Dr. R. Lawrence George
Dr. George is a 1971 graduate of the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry. He was allowed to practice in a U.S. Public Health Service Hospital until graduation.
We know how frustrating it can be to cope with missing teeth. Something as basic as eating out with family and friends or smiling for a picture can become quite a challenge.
Crowns & Veneers
Dental veneers and dental crowns are thin pieces of porcelain that are bonded to the front of your teeth. We offer the best services in crowns and veneers in your town.
Root Canal Therapy
Root canal therapy is a great way to save your ailing tooth and give you better oral and overall health. A root canal is done with expert care in our friendly practice.